Sites To Use Collection Of Useful Web Apps, Web Sites and Web Startups

October 15, 2009

AtTheBigRiver.com – Create Free Meaningful Urls

AtTheBigRiver is a convenient way to link to your favorite content at Amazon. It allows you to create intuitive, functional, and humane URLs on the fly, without interrupting the flow of your writing to stop and find the “correct” URL. This web site’s intelligent technology always sends your users to a sensible location. And does painless affiliate links too. You’re welcome.

Want to link to something at Amazon? Don’t want to go hunting for the URL? Just take the name of what you want to link to, change the spaces to hyphens and add “.atthebigriver.com”. that’s it and you are done. The new URL is equivalent to the original one and you need not find the correct URL any more.

The rules for constructing URLs are simple. Simply take the name of the artist, author, book or other item you want to link to, change spaces to hyphens, and append “.atthebigriver.com” to it. The website’s intelligent redirection technology is very forgiving. Underscores are automatically converted to hyphens, and non-alphanumeric characters are stripped out. So these URLs are both equivalent and functional: j.k._rowling.atthebigriver.com and jk-rowling.atthebigriver.com . So now you see how simple your work is made by this web site.

This web site also works with Amazon’s referrer codes. Put your referrer code at the end of the URL and 90 percent of the time when that link is clicked on they will pass your affiliate code along to Amazon. The other 10 percent of the time they will substitute your code to help cover the costs of providing this service.

If you don’t include a referrer code, they will use their own affiliate code 100 percent of the time. For example, if your affiliate code is affiliate123, then you add the referrer code like this: http://the-beatles.atthebigriver.com/affiliate123.

But remember this web site is not affiliated with Amazon.

create-free-urls

Our Rating 3/5 | Visit http://atthebigriver.com

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress